Even with all the ease of life that technology has given us, productivity can be lost when one piece of equipment doesn’t function correctly. When a printer doesn’t perform its one job in a correct manner, you may feel frustrated. And if that faulty device is a multi-purpose printer that also acts as your scanner and copier, you lose precious business time and your productivity will suffer. It’s enough to make you want to throw your hands up in submission (or throw your printer against the wall). This blog discusses common printer problems and solutions so that you never have to worry again in case you face any printer problems. You can also call the Mchelper printer support number and talk to real human available 24*7, who can help your trouble common printer problems.
Common printer problems and solutions
To help you get your printer up and running with as little downtime as possible, we have compiled a list of common printer problems and solutions so that you can fix it yourself in no time. Before we get into common printer problems and solutions, you must first consider the best practices that our professional technicians follow. Always make sure the fundamentals have been checked before trying to resolve common problems with printers:
Best practises before finding common printer problems and solutions:
- Is the printer on?
- Does it have paper?
- Are all necessary cables connected?
- Are all wireless connections working properly?
- Have you checked the ink cartridges and/or toner cartridges?
With those questions addressed, it’s time to move on to the more daunting printer troubleshooting questions and answers.
Printer Problems and It's Solutions
Why is my printer printing blank pages?
There are several reasons that may cause the product to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself. Possible solutions:
- Ensure the printer is placed on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions.
- If the ink cartridges are old or low on ink, you may need to replace them.
- Make sure the tape was removed from the ink cartridge(s) installed in your product.
- Ensure you’re using paper that meets the product’s specifications.
- Print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are blocked. Clean the print head, if necessary.
- Check for the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your printer software
- Check your document does not contain blank pages. In the preview option, you can check for blank pages before you print and remove them, if necessary.
For printer support, call on toll-free number +1-863-913-1001 and you will talk to a real human
How to fix canon printer prints blank pages?
Try below steps to resolve the Canon printer issues, not printing/Canon Printer is printing blank pages. Possible solutions:
- On your Windows desktop screen, open the control panel and inside that open devices and printers.
- Right-click on your canon printer name and choose the properties.
- In the canon printer properties section, check device settings & click on preferences.
- Under the preference option, click on the print head option.
- You might need to use this option to click on services and clean print heads.
Some other issues,
- breather tape, it should be immediately removed from the head
- In case you are using low quality and generic third-party ink cartridges, replace it immediately
- check if your document contains blank pages.
For further assistance, call on toll free number +1-863-913-1001 and get printer support from expert.
How to fix printer ink problems?
Ink cartridge full but not printing, printer leaking ink on paper, no ink coming out of the printer, why does my printer leak ink?
Possible cause and solutions:
- Old Cartridge, Heads need to be cleaned – This method is simple to do and loosens up the ink to reinstate flow again. Remove the cartridges using a clean, moist cloth, wipe the print heads from front to back and place it back
- New Cartridge – Put the cartridge upside down for a few minutes before using it.
- Reset Ink Cartridge Counter – Your printer may not distinguish the new ink cartridge, or the ink counter may read it as empty. Check for cartridge reset feature that forces the machine to recognize the cartridge as new. You may refer your printer’s user manual to learn the reset process for your printer.
Get printer customer service on toll-free number +1-863-913-1001
How do I fix my printer that won't scan?
- Check if activate scan to computer function is disabled.
- Search Windows for your printer model name and click the printer name in the list of results.
- Click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable to activate the scan to the computer option.
- Reset the Printer – Try turning the printer off, unplug its cable and then plug the printer back in and turn it on after 10 mins
- Reinstall the Printer Driver – Refer FAQ -8 on how to install the printer driver
For further assistance, call on toll-free number +1-863-913-1001 and get printer technical support from experts.
Why I Can't Print from My Mobile Device?
Make sure the printer and your mobile device are connected to the same local Wi-Fi network and check for any network-related issues. On your mobile device, confirm Wi-Fi is on and the status is connected for your local wireless network. If the local wireless network is unavailable, then you can check for Wi-Fi Direct printing as an alternate option.
Call on printer support toll free number +1-863-913-1001 for further assistance
Why does my printer keep jamming?
Overloading the paper tray is frequently the cause of paper jams. Make sure your printer paper is correctly placed into the tray. Examine the printer for any wreckage before printing. Previous paper jams, torn paper, printing tags, or other external objects in the printer can cause reoccurring jams. Below is the general guide for removing paper and one can move to the next step in case the first is not applicable:
- Find and remove any paper stuck in the loading tray
- Clearing the jam from the rear of the printer. The backside of the printer has either a rear access panel or a two-sided printing accessory.
- If all the above steps did not work, you may try to remove the jammed paper by pulling it out from under the front cover carefully. This step is generally not advised and should be the last alternative, as it could cause damage to the printer.
Call us on toll free number +1-863-913-1001 for printer customer service.
Why is my printer printing faded text?
Light prints can be an indication of improper printer settings, a defective printer component, or a defective toner cartridge. Here are some troubleshooting guidelines you can use to diagnose the problem:
- Check the toner darkness settings – Try removing the cartridges and shaking them before putting them back in.
- Check the media settings – menu>>paper menu>>paper size/type>>tray
- Heads need to be cleaned – This method is simple to do and loosens up the ink to reinstate flow again. Remove the cartridges using a clean, moist cloth, wipe the print heads from front to back.
- Check the toner cartridge – Go to menu>>reports>>device statistics. Look for the heading that says, “Supply Information” and the subheading “Sides on Cart”. This will tell you exactly how many pages have been printed on the toner cartridge. If it has reached the maximum print life, the printer may have used up the toner, and its simply time to replace the cartridge.
- If nothing of the above worked, the most probable cause is that your toner cartridge is simply defective.
Call Now on toll-free number +1-863-913-1001 for printer tech support.
How to Fix a Printer Driver Error?
There are various probable reasons why your printer driver might stop working. For example, it might be corrupted or incompatible, the settings might be wrong, or it might be missing updates.
Most of the time, fixing a printer driver error can be solved by simply updating, installing, or reinstalling the driver. Here’s how to re-install a new printer driver:
- Go to the printer manufacturer’s website and search for printer drivers.
- Find the matching driver for your printer model.
- Download and install the driver. You may have to restart the computer after installing the new driver.
- Or if you have the driver software that came with the printer, then reinstalling is fairly easy. You just need to insert the disc in your disc drive and follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Call Now on toll-free number +1-863-913-1001 for printer support.
Why is my new ink cartridge not printing?
- Check if the Cartridges have a protective tape as most ink cartridges ship with a small strip of protective tape covering the print nozzle.
- Cartridges are typically kept flat or upside down for weeks or months before being used. And so, the ink settles at the other end of the cartridge and is unable to directly feed the print head. The easiest solution for this is to open the box and put the cartridge upside down for a few minutes before using it. Further, get a moist paper towel, and set cartridge print head down onto it, holding it there for three minutes. Lastly, install the cartridge into your printer and print a few test pages.
Call Now on toll-free number +1-863-913-1001 for printer technical support.
Why do print jobs get stuck in the queue?
Step 1: Ctrl Alt Delete job files and restart the print spooler
- Turn off the printer
- In the run window type services.msc and hit enter
- Right-click Printer Spooler and select stop
- browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers and delete all files
- Restart your computer and the printer
Step 2: Reinstall the print driver. Refer FAQ – How to Fix a Printer Driver Error.
Call Now on toll-free number +1-863-913-1001 for printer technical support.
One thought on “How to Troubleshoot Common Printer Problems – Solutions”